(Effective as of August 16, 2012)
As a participant of the demo site, you are obtaining early access to the Service. As a participant, we may ask you from time to time during our demo period for your input regarding the Service and the Site, or for other information relating to your experiences and practices relating to currency exchange and we would appreciate your candid feedback. Any such feedback or information you provide will become the property of PeopleHedge and you hereby assign all rights in such feedback and information to PeopleHedge, and we may use that information for our business purposes, including without limitation continuing to improve the Service and the Site.
ABOUT THE SERVICE; RULES FOR CONDUCT AND USE OF THE SERVICE
The Service provides an explanation and demonstration of how the products and services PeopleHedge may elect to offer will work and provides additional information about PeopleHedge. The Site and the Service are currently in demo format and do not permit you to make actual transactions at this time. You need to be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States to participate in the Service. Additional requirements will apply if PeopleHedge decides to initiate the type of transactions contemplated by the Service.
You are solely responsible for your use of and activity in relation to the Site and the Service. Your permission to use the Service and the Site is conditioned upon the following use and conduct restrictions. You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- post or submit any content that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- create a false identity or impersonate any person, including without limitation, identities falsely indicating that you are a PeopleHedge official or representative, message board moderator, guide, or another user;
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- distribute or submit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or member;
- provide false or inaccurate information to PeopleHedge;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
- make any automated use of the Service, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- copy, modify or distribute rights from the Site or Service or PeopleHedge’s copyrights and trademarks;
- submit content or materials that are subject to intellectual property protection, including without limitation, copyright, trademark or patent rights, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including without limitation, privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the owner of such rights to post said content or materials and to grant us all of the license rights necessary to transmit or maintain such content and materials on or through the Site;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Site or the Site or the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data; or
- publish, submit or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt the browser, computer or systems of PeopleHedge or of any other person or entity.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
- Our agent for copyright issues relating to the Site and the Service is as follows: Damon Magnuski, 28 Battery St, #3, Boston, MA 02109, (312)798-9672, info [at] peoplehedge.com
You acknowledge that people participating in public or semi-public spaces on the Site, including any blog or message board we may make available (collectively “Forums”) occasionally post content or material, or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading, illegal or deceptive. We neither endorse nor are responsible for such submissions or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on the Site, including in the Forums, by any third person. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants of the Forums and do not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) of PeopleHedge. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in submissions or other content posted by our users or for any results obtained from the use of any such statements or information. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, agents, suppliers or other users be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any content or material submitted to us or on any information or materials obtained through the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; LICENSE GRANT
NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES; COPYRIGHT AGENT
If you believe any material or content accessible on, from, or through the Site (including the Forums) or the Service infringes your copyright, you may request removal of that content (or access thereto) from the Site (including the Forums) and the Service by contacting our copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
THE SERVICE AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PEOPLEHEDGE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE, THE SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PEOPLEHEDGE THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PEOPLEHEDGE MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. PeopleHedge does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of the products, information or services provided through the Site and the Service.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PEOPLEHEDGE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE OR DISPLAY OF ANY CONTENT YOU POST OR SUBMIT TO PEOPLEHEDGE; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR THE SITE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH PEOPLEHEDGE OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT PEOPLEHEDGE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Communications made through the Site’s e-mail and messaging system (including by messages submitted to us at [http://phdemo.herokuapp.com/contact]) will not constitute legal notice to PeopleHedge or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to PeopleHedge is required by contract or any law or regulation.
You agree to comply at all times with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service and the Site.